About Me

My photo
Barb Benik’s art includes paintings in oil, acrylic, and watercolor, drawings in pencil and pen & ink, and digital art.

Monday, February 8, 2021

New Art - Confetti Landscape with Birds

Acrylic Painting “Confetti Landscape with Birds”

Here is another acrylic painting on marine plywood that will stay in my personal collection. Items with this image printed on them will be available for purchase at RedBubble and Cafe Press.

I drew everything out using acrylic paint markers. Most of it was painted using the markers, also, but some areas I painted traditionally with acrylic paint. Several coats of clear acrylic matte medium were painted over the final art. Once that was completely dry, I covered it with two layers of isolation medium. Now that it is completely dry, I will varnish it using a UV protectant that is durable in exterior settings, since this will be mounted in an outdoor living space. 

I wanted to convey a happy feeling in this piece. I hope you like it!

As always, be safe and stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Art and an Online Class

 New Art I recently completed this gouache and pen & ink painting. Done on 140 lb. hot pressed watercolor paper.  Day 29 Muse 30Faces30D...