About Me

My photo
Barb Benik’s art includes paintings in oil, acrylic, and watercolor, drawings in pencil and pen & ink, and digital art.

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Time to Purge

Donations

I always take time at the beginning of a year to clean the studio, rearrange furniture, and purge art supplies I rarely or never use. It gives me a fresh start and mental space to create in the new year.

Sometimes I have tried out a new technique with tools that just don’t work out for me, or I realize that I don’t want to go in that direction.  Today’s finds that will be donated to my favorite art organization include several sets of multicolored pens and markers.  These are items I have tried out and evaluated, and they just don’t make the cut.

Plastic bin of art supplies

I also THROW OUT old pens, markers, tubes of paint, and anything else that only kind of works or is on its last legs.  Tossing stuff is a struggle for any pack rat, and I think it’s particularly difficult when it’s an artistic pack rat.

How are you beginning this new year?

Be safe everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Art and an Online Class

 New Art I recently completed this gouache and pen & ink painting. Done on 140 lb. hot pressed watercolor paper.  Day 29 Muse 30Faces30D...