About Me

My photo
Barb Benik’s art includes paintings in oil, acrylic, and watercolor, drawings in pencil and pen & ink, and digital art.

Sunday, January 10, 2021

New Work for Sale

Featured Art

Mountain ChickadeeToday's piece is an acrylic painting on a 6-inch square Gessobord of a wee Mountain Chickadee. The resource image is from my collection of bird photos and can be seen on my NoCoBirds website.

The underpainting was done with traditional acrylic paint and brush techniques, and the details were completed with acrylic paint markers.  Some of the markers were purchased containing the paint, and other markers were purchased as "empty" markers that I filled with custom colors I mixed using Golden's High Flow and Fluid Acrylic paints. 



This painting is up for auction at Daily Paintworks.

Thank-you for viewing my art and for your support.




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Art and an Online Class

 New Art I recently completed this gouache and pen & ink painting. Done on 140 lb. hot pressed watercolor paper.  Day 29 Muse 30Faces30D...